In the Press
From Catgut Embedding Patients
“I was diagnosed with ulcerative colitis many years ago when I was 19 years old. The illness is a chronic one that goes in and out of remission. I am a British citizen and so have a British consultant who has prescribed many different drugs to try and deal with the problem, one of these drugs a steroid has many terrible side effects, damaging the liver and kidneys.
When I came to Vietnam I was encouraged to try a new treatment practiced by Dr. Huong’s ‘implants’ that involves putting a small sutures under the skin at strategic points on the body, the implants stimulate the acupressure points and help to unblock energy channels in the body.
I have been receiving this treatment for two years now and am delighted. I no longer have any symptoms of the colitis, which over such a long period is incredible. In the past I could have expected many weeks of pain and discomfort. Dr. Huong and her implants have literally changed my life, I do not bleed, take drugs for appalling pain and now I even do not feel the need to take Masalazine a drug I was prescribed to prevent the constantly open wounds in my body turning to cancer.
I am now trying to persuade the British consultant to take this treatment seriously after nearly 25 years this is the first time I have been well.”
“I became interested in alternative medicine while in England. I had a problem that western medicine did not have an answer for. Homeopathy helped me and it also helped my son who suffers from asthma. From my success with alternative treatments, I became open to other forms of medicine.”
Bettina Greiser Johns
“I am a young and fit adventure travel specialist and kayaking instructor working in Vietnam. I just felt so tired, tired all the time. I had two treatments with the implants and have never felt better. I still feel great eight months after the treatment.”
“A friend in Hanoi called Julia Richards brought me to see Dr. Huong, and she treated my back with acupuncture implants, the result was incredible! This is the first time that any treatment has helped.”
From Metabolic Balance Patients
David and I heard about the metabolic balanced diet from a friend who found it very successful. When David received an email from Dr. Huong saying she was taking patients for the diet, we decided to enroll.
Prior to starting the diet we had a full physical in Bangkok and the results were not too good. Our blood pressure and cholesterol count were higher than normal. Other medical issues were starting to be noticed.
Even before we began the diet we felt rather healthy, but knew long term, we had to deal seriously with our weight, or more and more medication would be in our future. —We are active people and wanted that type of lifestyle to continue.
The following are some of our reflections:
1. The metabolic balanced diet is carefully thought through offering lots of variety of foods. Each diet is created for a particular person based on what the blood tests reveal.
2. In two months we achieved our goal of each losing 10 kilos.
3. We maintained our weight over a three week period at Christmas by being conscious of the 8 steps and knowing what was good for our bodies.
4. Having husband and wife on the diet together was great! We encouraged each other.
5. Initially finding all the foods on our diet was not easy, but with the doctor’s help we managed. Some food were expensive, but now I have located everything we need to eat at a good price.
6. Dr. Huong gave us constant support, quick feedback when we had a question and she was well informed.
7. We weighed daily, also took our blood pressure daily. All data was recorded and used when we had our visits to the doctor.
8. This diet has a built in monitoring system in Phase 3.
9. This diet is NOT a fad. It is balanced, nutritional and can be followed for the rest of your life.
10. Even on the strict diet at the beginning, neither of us were ever hungry.
11. This diet prepares you for a lifelong change.
12. We seldom eat white sugar in our diet and do not miss it in the least.
13. We were introduced to some new foods that we now like very much…roasted pumpkin seeds, roasted sunflower seeds, yellow lentils, etc. We no longer use any artificial sweeteners!
14. Our blood work at the end of 2 months indicated that our cholesterol was normal. The entire report was excellent for both of us.
15. The amount of money we spent on this diet would equal the amount of money we would have spent on meds for the next three years. Much better to be healthy!
16. Blood pressure is now normal too! Our bodies like not weighing so much!!
17. According to the charts, both of us are now as healthy as people 8 years younger than we are.
18. We feel better…look better….and people are noticing the new Elliotts!
19. It’s time to shop for new clothes. What fun!
20. We continue to weigh daily…and take our blood pressure. Staying healthy is very important to us. We have promised each other not to allow our weight to creep up again.
Hope these ideas are helpful to others who try the metabolic balanced diet.
David and Elliotts